GIREP is an international membership organisation (founded in 1966), open to individuals with a concern to improve the teaching of physics —teachers and their supporters (researchers, coaches, curriculum developers).
GIREP invites you to become a member.
Members get a reduced registration fee for GIREP conferences, copies of the proceedings, and access to all previous proceedings which are online. Newsletters arrive regularly to keep you in touch.
Please fill in the registration form and pay the modest fee to get confirmation of your membership.
- 19th Aug. 2016: GIREP GENERAL ASSEMBLY 2016
We would like to announce that the GIREP 2016 Assembly will be held at the venue of GIREP Seminar 2016, Lojasiewicza Street 11, Krakow,room A-1-06, on Saturday, September 3, 2016 at time 08:30 first convocation and at time 9:00 in second convocation with the following Agenda:
- Report on the activities a. Girep committee meetings, initiatives and activities promoted, editorial work
- Balance (Leos Dvorak)
- Election of the new GIREP Committee
- GIREP-ICPE Conference 2017, GIREP-MPTL Conference 2018
- 3rd WCPE 2020 proposal
- GIREP Proceedings: quality standards and criteria
- Activities proposals by GIREP members
- Proposals by organization with agreements for cooperation with GIREP
- Varia The GIREP President
b. Country contact members
c. Agreements with other organizations
d. Report by GTG responsibles
e. Report on 2nd WCPE
f. Report on GIREP Seminar
Prof. Marisa Michelini
- 17th Jun. 2016: Registration of GIREP organization, Elections in 2016 and Membership. Dear GIREP Members and Friends, We would like to announce that GIREP has been successfully registered as an international non-profit organization GIREP vzw in Belgium on the 2nd of January 2016, so in its 50th anniversary year we celebrate a kind of rebirth of GIREP. One of the changes we want to promote just from the beginning is a new procedure of election. GIREP Committee announces that elections to GIREP Committee and GIREP auditor will take place during summer 2016, and for the first time they will be held online. One of the advantages of establishing a legal organisation is a possibility to open a bank account of the organisation itself. So starting this year you may pay your GIREP membership in two easy ways: by bank transfer or PayPal account. Please, notice that only current GIREP members will be able to vote and to be voted for GIREP Committee and GIREP auditor. We would also like to remind you that there are two GIREP scientific meetings organized this year: the 2nd WCPE in Sao Paolo, Brasil and the GIREP Seminar in Krakow, Poland. Details about the above-mentioned information are available in a letter. We wish you fruitful conferences and lovely summer holidays. GIREP Committee Marisa Michelini, the President Dagmara Sokolowska, the Secretary
- 16th Dec. 2015: Visit GIREP Seminar 2016 website - it is already open!